About the job
About The Role
Assist the Buyer to source, develop and deliver a specific range of products at the right cost, right time and the right place to achieve the company’s gross profit and to provide coverage for the category buyers during their absence.
In this position, the responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Accepting/Preparing order files for Buying Officer to respective department to ensure the buying process are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support buying officer to release all the user managed RFQ /RFI to get the different samples, price and source.
- Support buying officer to get the new sources and alternative options by over looking the store operations /and daily consumptions.
- Ensure accuracy of all data entered into the order system to ensure full, detailed, correct information are sent to the Suppliers.
- Overlooking the buying activities of buying assistant in day to day basis to have accurate stock level in store.
- Preparing meeting reports, monthly reports for buyers and suppliers, such as Shipping Tracking Report, Promotional Report and Weekly Top 50 Report)
- Dealing with suppliers and promoters for the promotion & promotional stock inventory to ensure stock level are managed as per the business requirement e.g, FOC stock etc.
- Walk the shop floor and warehouse department on a regular basis to review stock levels ensuring it’s in line with the business needs.
- Monitor availability by stock on hand vs. sales through sales and stock reports.
Experienced – minimum 2 years of job-related experience required
- A Working knowledge of order processing / buying
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments while meeting deadlines and demanding quality execution
- Preferably to have F&B Purchasing background
- The successful candidate will have a high degree of market awareness and detailed knowledge of the F&B industry.
- Well-developed interpersonal team-oriented skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Managerial skills
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, with strong influencing and persuasive talents