About the job
Primary Objectives / Responsibilities
- Performing all Procurement duties for nominated purchase packages including formation and administration of the purchase order through bidder prequalification, Procurement Plan issue, Approval to Tender (ATT), ITT issue, tender evaluation, award and recommendation, and monitoring of the performance of suppliers. This includes general purchase order administration, invoice verification, management of change, resolution of claims, resolution of back charges and purchase order close out.
- Develop Procurement strategies that result in the best “value for money” for the project and the client
- Ensure that project Procurement procedures and processes are followed including maintaining the necessary files
- Review and approval of documentation in accordance with the project Delegation of Authority (DOA)
- Workload planning.
- Report on Procurement progress.
- Representing Procurement at client and Project Management meetings.
- Provide commercial advice on procurement matters to the project
- Comply with Company and Project purchasing policies and procedures and act within limits of delegated authority.
- Work with engineering, planning, project controls, expediting, Materials Control, HSE and quality to ensure specifications of materials and equipment is provided on-time.
- Identify, develop and propose sources, solicit suppliers, receive quotations and bids. Undertake negotiation of orders, follow-up, schedule and expedite deliveries.
- Liaise with quality, logistics and material management at supplier and Customer offices as necessary to ensure timely delivery of required goods.
- Secure and process necessary documentation to support the approval of supplier invoices as required by purchase order.
- Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to ethical behaviour and its associated requirements.
- Travel as required, including travel related to projects and to maintain links with other Worley offices.
- Act in the best interests of Worley at all times.
- Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time.
Essential Skills And Experience
- Previous experience in the relevant discipline, in the same or similar industry, including experience in brownfield projects is mandatory
- Minimum 8years’ experience in the discipline.
- A full-time engineering degree from an accredited university in the relevant discipline or equivalent, preferably in engineering, procurement/business administration or related field is preferred.
- Previous working experience in Qatar is preferred.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Active SAP user. Proficiency in SAP MM Module
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet Worleyand its client’s needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.