Be Creative Qatar
You are responsible for creating a relationship that will deliver growth. Business development combines marketing, sales and skills in managing relationships in order to create growth and new business for the company.
- Identifying, qualifying, and securing business opportunities; coordinating business generation activities; developing customized targeted marketing and sales strategies
- Building business relationships with current and potential clients
- Understanding client needs and offering solutions and support; answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions; responding to client requests and creating proposals (RFPs)
- Collaborating with marketing, sales and leadership to secure, retain, and grow accounts
- Creating informative presentations; presenting and delivering information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, and conferences
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients; maintaining a database (Zoho, CRM, Excel, etc.) of prospective client information
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients; closing sales and working with the client through the closing process
- Meeting all quotas for cold, active, inactive calls/emails, appointments, and interviews; meeting or exceeding annual sales goals
- Maintaining a pipeline of all marketing and sales administration using Zoho CRM software
- Collaborating with management on marketing, sales goals, planning, and forecasting; maintaining short- and long-term business development and marketing plans
- The business development executive creates new leads for the company either by
- making cold calls/emails/DMs, digital marketing or by meeting new people at industry events. He/She may have a target number of new business contacts to make when attending an event.
- Sometimes he/she may have picked out beforehand specific people she wants to meet.
- Once made initial contact, it is her/his responsibility to make follow-up calls and develop the relationship.
- A large part of any business development executive’s role is preparing and making
- presentations/proposals. These may be general presentations about the company or more specific presentations focusing on particular products or ideas. Members of the business
- development team will also seek opportunities to speak at industry conferences or other
- relevant business-focused events.
- The key characteristic of business development is that it is about creating long-term
- relationships that deliver long-term benefits to the business. This means that, as well as
- creating new opportunities and relationships, the business development executive must
- nurture the contacts she has already made. He/she does this by organizing regular update
- meetings and telephone calls. In addition, she may make informal contacts, such as forwarding a press article that she thinks her contact will find interesting.