About the job
You will be working as a Business Controller and will be the part of Electrification Business Area for Distribution Solutions Division based in Doha, Qatar. In this role you will be responsible to build partnership with Local Marketing & Sales Manager and maintains strong relationships with local and regional/global stakeholders. Support business goals and initiatives by ensuring controlling and financial capabilities are in place for business operations and growth. Represent business needs and provide consistent reporting and finance analytics. Ensure consistent and sustainable financial controls are in place and assure compliance with company policies and procedures.
This position reports to
Regional Controller MEA&T
- Provide active finance support and improvement actions to ensure achievement of Marketing & Sales business targets, such as Demand Orders & Revenues, Front End Cost to Serve (Cost of Sales and Sales & General Admin Expenses), Division & product group mix, segment mix, front end inventory, overdues, EBITA, Cash flow, Net Price Variance, rebates and commercial operations effectiveness.
- Understand the Business drivers, the current and long-term strategy and identify opportunities for Finance to add value to the Business. Set and implement Finance strategy in the organization in line with Corporate, Business Area & relevant divisions strategies covering expertise, competencies, and organization design and support local Marketing & Sales Manager in customer and markets driven strategies to ensure demand generation and profitable growth.
- In coordination with the Corporate, Business Area, relevant division & Finance Global Business Services, establish and oversee processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information and ensure high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules. Performance analysis, review & proposal for actions to management supporting business performance and drive appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency, manage and closely monitor the cash flow and takes action to improve Net Working Capital. Enforces Corporate, Business Area, relevant division specific finance policies, and applicable local reporting and filing requirements.
- Ensure accuracy and effectiveness of commercial processes including market price positioning, rebate and discount schemes, quotation, sales price management, credit and collection management in the assigned countries and identify, accounts for and manages potential risks in the country relating to frame and other contractual agreements with particular focus on integrity and compliance on distributor and channel partners. Engage with Commercial Operations and Regional Distribution Centers (RDC) in the country/region.
- Identify and communicate commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions and execute risk review procedures and processes in line with global policies and standards to minimize commercial and financial risks and exposure.
- Ensure transparency in financial reporting and disclosures. Defines and implements internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations, compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines and support internal and external audits. Implements, monitors and maintains Local authorization tables in adherence to the Corporate Regulations and Group Governance Framework.
- Ensure timely and efficient communication with relevant Local/Country/Division/Region Controllers, Accounting Center, and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, Business or equivalent. MBA, CMA, CPA is preferable
- 7+ years’ experience in finance or controllership experience in a global matrix multinational environment.
- Broad finance functional knowledge and expertise, including full range of functional finance skills: finance controlling, planning, FP&A.
- Intercultural sensitivity and effectiveness – function well across cultures & act as facilitator between cultures
- Teamwork & collaboration – actively demonstrate teamwork & facilitate collaboration
- Strong partnering, project management, consultation, collaboration, change management and influencing skills
- Extensive experience working on contemporary Finance enterprise resource management (ERP) systems (e.g. SAP, etc.).
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance