Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
The Building Services Engineer will provide technical oversight of mechanical systems within assets. This includes assets not managed by third party suppliers.
- Lead the technical review of designs and specification submitted by tenants in relation to assets retained by the client, ensuring client’s interest in the assets are protected
- Liaise with contractors and third-party designers as required to coordinate work.
- Assess the work of Tenant Contractors
- Oversee and supervise the installation of building systems and specify maintenance and operating procedures
- Liaise closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors and in-house project teams.
- Ensure that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Provide advice on forwarding maintenance work necessary to protect the client’s interest in retained assets
- Site Management contract experience
- Experience in the commercial sector
- Be conversant with using computer-aided design (CAD), rivet and other 3D modelling tools used in the industry
- Be conversant with local statutory requirements and building regulations
- 5+ years’ experience in Facilities Management, Construction Engineering, or other related disciplines
- Technically qualified to HNC/ONC (or equivalent) in a building or engineering subject
- Experience of working in a Landlord environment is preferred