About the job
Primary purpose of job
Responsible for planning, preparation, Management, Cost control and reporting for the 5 years operating, Capital Budget, Manpower & Recoveries of VB/ Department. Coordinates with QP Finance and Departments, as VB Budget SME, and contributes both at Budget Discussion meeting with Finance team and on financial matters (i.e., Payables, Receivables, Asset Capitalization, Asset Write Off, Budgetary and cost control issues) with VB departments.
Proactively tracks and follows up on budget utilization/recoveries and provides recommendations to supervisors for cost control and optimization. Provides Management with independent expert analysis, opinions and advice on best use of budgeted resources to minimize financial risks to Department operations.
Provides reports on the financial performance of VB/Department to Management.
Supports the Head of Business Planning & Budget Control to Implement Business Excellence initiatives, with emphasis on cost savings, value for money and customer focus. (Business Excellence refer to programs that address improving business progress, productivity levels reduction of structural costs and cost containment of VB operations. Example: Via services prioritization workforce reorganization, outsourcing, etc)
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 8 years experience in an accounting/finance environment within the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Computer literacy (MS Office suite of programs), Lotus Notes and thorough knowledge in SAP FICO, ES, PM, SD, PS and MM modules is essential.
- Excellent Analytical communication interpersonal, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Working in NOC/IOC or International Management Consultancy firms
- Professional Accounting certificate i.e. CMA, CIMA, CPA etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Commerce or equivalent.