- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Science or Accounting with post-graduate certification in Cost Engineering and Systems Analysis.
- 8 years in an Engineering position preferably in maintenance-related activities in the oil and gas industry. Including at least 3 years in a commercial position related to cost & planning
- Develop, control and monitor the department Capital, Drilling, Operating and Income budget in conjunction with the department 5-year Business Plan. Assists in developing the financial targets and objectives for the departments 5 -Year
- Control the expenditure by systematically ensuring adequate budget allocation and confirm that the right fund centers utilization for all commitments such as Contracts, Materials, and work orders raised by the departments.
- Review Capital projects and raise asset capitalization certificates when capital projects have been completed. Maintain departments Fixed and Movable assets register by routinely checking and endorsing department’s assets lists.
- Carry out various ad-hoc exercises and cost reports that are required by management as and when required.
- Compile Cost Key Performance Indicators and Quarterly Variance Reports to monitor achievements against objectives and targets to ensure that Finance is fully aware on the variances justifications and reasons for audit purposes.
Administer and review all invoices with the respective contract and endorse invoices for payments to ensure that all payments towards the contractors are in line with the contract clauses and effected timely.
- Support the contract sponsors (Engineers) to calculate the liquidated damages and financial earned value cost for preparing accruals.
Liaise with the department to ensure financial control procedures are being applied for contracts owned by the departments.
- Coordinate and follow-up with Finance on all financial requirements and matters for the departments. Provide information and requirements to all process-related financial audits for the departments.
- Develops and recommends new techniques to improve the budgeting and cost control of the department and assists in reviewing life cycle costs for the major plants to assess cost efficiencies and value for money.
Preference will be given to candidates locally based in Qatar.