Responsible for broad technical and execution surveillance of the FEED/EPC contractor’s engineering execution effort from the date of contract award through completion of FEED/EPC. This includes stewardship of Offshore Brownfield Construction activities are undertaken in accordance with project needs in general and in compliance with project safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives in particular, key work processes/procedures, Lessons Learned, and resolution/closure of technical action items from formal assessments and project reviews. Interfaces cross-functionally within the Project Team to align on objectives and Brownfield execution plans. Executes special projects or initiatives as assigned by Head of Brownfield to facilitate project management.
- Provide overall engineering and project management leadership and expertise;
- Maintains close liaison with Head Brownfield and PMT counterparts and gains alignment on Brownfield execution needs, objectives, and requirements;
- Supports the preparation and stewardship of Brownfield scope of work in contract and drives design critical studies, as required, to optimize project cost and schedule;
- Supports for maintaining technical alignment with COMPANY Operations;
- Coordinates Brownfield Management data for the monthly progress reporting and stewardship;
- Ensures quality assurance and production timing of the Brownfield deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule;
- Supports the timely delivery of technical attachments and scope description to facilitate all purchase orders and owns interfaces with vendor/subcontractors for deliverable completion;
- Supports Facilities engineering design in accordance with the project’s change management program;
- Assesses contractor capability and ensures Head Brownfield is well informed to take remedial action;
- Supports Brownfield schedule and assigned critical milestones (LLI procurement, engineered equipment procurement; ROS dates, Brownfield planning, System Completion deliverables, etc); develops and stewards recovery plans to address any schedule delays;
- Supports the FEED contractor’s activities with respect to Brownfield execution including:
- Validates all affected parties are familiar with Brownfield execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements;
- Validates that the FEED contractor employs the appropriate engineering execution design tools, including computer hardware and software;
- Validates that the FEED contractor adheres to all appropriate specifications and standards;
- Validates that the FEED contractor provides all contract documents, including those referred to in the contract;
- Reinforcing the requirement for the FEED contractor to control the work, i.e. accurate and timely progress measurement and reporting;
- Validates FEED contractor compliance with design verification processes.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Civil & Structural Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience with broad experience of projects, engineering and operations in Offshore and Onshore Brownfield Engineering and Construction. International working experience is necessary and with more Offshore Brownfield experience is preferred.
Broad and extensive knowledge of:
- Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria;
- Offshore facilities and Brownfield construction, and operations;
- Engineering and Construction administration.