Oversee delivery of food supplies, prepare special dishes and supervise overall kitchen operation during dinner service. Train staff to use new recipes, cooking techniques and equipment.
Job Responsibilities 1
- Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness.
- Designing new recipes, planning menus and selecting plate presentation.
- Reviewing staffing levels to meet service, operational and financial objectives.
- Hiring and training kitchen staff, such as cooks, food preparation workers and dishwashers.
- Performing administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies, and doing purchase orders.
- Setting and monitoring performance standards for staff.
- Obtaining feedback on food and service quality, and handling customer problems and complaints.
- Ensuring promptness, freshness and quality of dishes.
Job Responsibilities 2 Additional Responsibilities 3 Job Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Job Experience Three seven years experience with three years on-the-job experience.
Show Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proficient Agility – Proficient Strives for Innovation – Proficient Demonstrates Resilience – Proficient Creates Strategy M2 Demonstrates Accountability – Proficient Drives Performance M2 Cultivates Loyalty & Integrity – Proficient Promotes Teamwork – Proficient Develops Future Leaders M2 Inventory Control L2 Kitchen Tools, Equipment And Technology Knowledge L2 Food Production and Preparation Knowledge L2 Hygiene And Sanitation Standards L1 Displays Customer Centricity – Proficient Education Diploma in any related field