About the job
- Lead on, write and project manage bids and proposals from beginning to end.
- Play an advisory role on bid strategy, including bid/no bid decisions, pricing, coaching on dress rehearsals and collating bid feedback.
- Work on and promote bid best practice initiatives
- Responsible for the quality of all aspects of the bid, including written documentation and face to face presentations.
- Co-ordinate all parties involved in the bid process to ensure everyone is aware of the level of contribution expected of them and deadlines.
- Ensuring that bids are submitted on time and are as complete and accurate as possible, whilst also best reflecting the firm’s services and abilities
- All bid documentation must be clear, concise and – crucially – compelling.
- Source and co-ordinate design input to ensure the visual standard of all documentation and presentation material is engaging.
- Be the first port of call and key advisor to a number of firm departments / sector groups.
- Attend departmental BDM meetings and liaise with the head of the department or sector team and the ‘BDM champion’ within those departments.
- An important task is to help company to implement the tactics and actions of its business plans and to assist in further developing sales plans.