A Banquet Manager is responsible for managing all banquets and events in the hotel to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while optimizing sales, evaluating performance, and ensuring staffing levels meet demand.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
As a Banquet Manager, you are responsible for managing all banquets and events in the hotel to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Banquet Manager will also be required to optimize sales and ensure staffing levels meet demand.
- Manage all Banquets/Events
- Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
- Propose ideas to build the range and quality of Conference and Banqueting operations
- Optimise sales and contain costs, identifying any areas for action
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Ensure staffing levels meet business demands
- Ensure training is carried out on an ongoing basis
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Front Office team
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow
A Banquet Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- Strong knowledge of hotel/leisure/service sector
- Record of success in Conference and Banqueting operations, specifically the ability to deliver profit, control costs, and build customer loyalty
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skills to create a winning team
- Conference and Banqueting Operations experience in a managerial position in hotel/Events Centre
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service