About the job
Project: As part of the development of an international airport, the project incorporates the expansion of existing passenger and cargo terminals.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking aviation transport planner to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
The role will be developing transportation strategies that include the need of all transport users including the pedestrians and cyclists which consider environmental, efficiency and safety issues.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Developing potential solutions to problems such as congestion.
- Measuring and assessing the impact of recent building developments, such as a new housing estate, on transport systems.
- Designing research methods and survey techniques.
- Working on projects, from the initial idea through to design, completion and review.
- Designing and interpreting transport and travel surveys.
- Developing initial design ideas for new or improved transport infrastructure, such as junction improvements or pedestrian priority schemes.
- Assessing infrastructure requirements (access, car parking, bus stops, cycle parking and etc.) of new developments to support planning applications or to inform local authority development plans.
- Modelling traffic flows using mathematical techniques and specialist computer applications.
- Evaluating and interpreting data/reports.
- Preparing reports and publications.
- Giving presentations about proposed transportation options.
- Acting as an expert witness during public inquiries.
- Staying knowledgeable about government transport and planning policy.
With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered.