About the job
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Works towards, achieving highest standards of guest satisfaction.
- Involvement in other activities as advice by the management and as necessary.
- Support in snagging and de-snagging process.
Performing these duties requires experience in using basic hand and power tools and the ability to stoop, kneel, grasp, lift, push and pull weights up to 80 lbs., climb ladders up to 40 feet high and reach in all directions, often times overhead
Assimilate the Accor Mission, Vision & Values culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Accor from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all team members are required to fully comply with Accor rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the hotel facilities. Team members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill And Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Assists in providing technical support and setup of AV equipment’s to the other department, other hotel staffs and guests as required.
- Assists in guiding the users to help setup AV systems or resolve escalated issues.
- Assists in documenting all technical issues with supervisors.
- Troubleshoots and maintains all the AV equipment’s.
- Ensures that the maintenance of all electronics-related equipment and its associated auxiliaries are carried out in accordance with the Standard Engineering practice.
- Banqueting hall audio –video equipment maintenance and service and to be ready to use all times.
- Hotel Guest Rooms TV channels and transmission systems is up-to-date and in operation all the time.
- Arranged the systems well in advance before the functions and collect and placed them back in the stores in good working conditions.
- Ensures that the work specified on the work order within his trade is carried out quickly, accurately, skilfully, economically, efficiently and completely.
- Ensures that electrical rooms, electrical panels audio – video control rooms are kept clean and orderly.
- Immediately notifies the supervisor on any unusual occurrences on any of the electrical lines, panels or controls, equipment’s.
- Identifies upgrading needs for new AV systems, tools & equipment’s.
- Participates in the installation of AV recording and Video calling systems during events.
- Ensures that the equipment’s & tools meet their requirements & specifications before they their deployment.
- Set-up, operate, and troubleshoot AV / projection equipment’s / Mic / other devices.
- Oversee the set-up of AV equipment in hotel
- Ensure AV equipment is operational, labelled, repaired and cleaned when necessary.
- Adheres to the specified hygiene and personal appearance standards of the hotel.
- Adheres to the set procedures for attendance and timekeeping.
- Ability to find fault and rectify systems as and when required.
- Any other duties and task as and when assigned by the superior or the hotel management
Qualification Standards Education
Technical Qualification like Diploma or ITI in audio and video field.
5 years of hospitality experience as AV technician.