To carry out dealership service on customer vehicles as per company standards and ensure optimum quality with increased productivity and technical efficiency. thereby individually contributing to generate workshop revenue.
- Prompt execution of service repairs requested on the repair order as per schedule provided.
- Report additional job required in car with cost estimate.
- Maintain Check Sheets and Loa sheets.
Tools, Equipment and Work bay
- Upkeep tools and equipment in the individual bay as per company standards
- Proper handling of special tools.
- Proper housekeeping of the work bay
Fix it Right First Time
- Ensure zero repeat repairs.
- Proper diagnosis and trouble shooting.
- Request for assistance through Supervisor if required.
- Conduct final inspection as per the SOP.
Productivity and Efficiency
- Deliver the desired efficiency and productivity as per targets given.
- Ensure prompt punch in and punch out to get the accurate booking hours
Training and Certification
- Complete the training course/internal assessment and other on the job training as per the schedule provided by the Training Manager.
- Enroll and get certification as per the principal’s guidelines
- Prepare for annual skills contests
Safety at work
- Ensure follow-up of standard operating procedures in technician role.
- Ensure fire extinguishers are kept close by for immediate action in case of working with fuel systems.
- Use and maintain appropriate PPEs supplied to them
- Participate in workshop meetings
- Report all incidents to the supervisor
- Play a crucial role to fix the customer vehicle for the first time with dealer standards.
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures and problem-solving skills, resolving repair, diagnosing and jobs.
- Capability to handle Special tools and equipment
- Capacity for E Learning and training and development plans.
- Ability to use workshop manuals and understand wiring diagrams.
Qualifications, Experience, & Skills
- ITJ/ Diploma in Automobile Engineering.Minimum Experience: 2 to 3 years overall experience as Technician in automotive dealership.Job-Specific Skills: Technical Skills, User skills in Tools and equipment basic PC skills, motor driving experience and knowledge on automotive parts.
Behavioral Competencies: hardworking, ability to work under pressure, honest and productive.
Technician: Has to complete bronze certification/internal assessment