About the job
We are currently looking for experienced Automotive Paint Technician (Painter) to work for DOMASCO in Qatar. You will be responsible to carry out the preparation of surface (rectified for minor dents) by applying top stopper and then sanding it, manually. You will apply primer and paint as per paint manufacturers’ information. You will restore the finish of old car by carrying out machine compounding and polishing.
Specifically, we are looking for candidates who has the following competencies:
- Carry out all the jobs as per enclosed list for all the franchises and the involved list for all the franchises and the involved models, Honda – 12 models, Volvo – 7 models, Chrysler – 6 models, Jeep – 5 models.
- Carry out jobs to the manufacturer’s recommended levels of workmanship and standards and thereby to ensure that corrosion protection and durability of the car body is maintained to the designed standards.
- Implement all relevant precautions and safety practices while carrying out the various body painting jobs.
- Use respirator / air fed breathing mask, safety glasses, disposable overalls and gloves, while painting.
- Ensure that your tools and equipment are neat and tidy. Keep the equipment of your section, properly maintained; keep your work area clean and tidy.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications, skills & experience:
- SSC/Trade certificate/Vocational Training
- Must have 2 – 4 years experience as a Painter in a reputed automotive workshop
- Must understand and write English well enough to follow Toyota Training, Spray painting and color mixing
- Must be able to follow instructions and procedure