Stantec Qatar is currently seeking an AutoCAD Draftsman for the construction supervision project of a Trunk Sewer and Terminal Pumping Station at Doha North.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Develop and prepare drawings in AutoCAD or associated programs based on direction and design provided by landscape architects.
- Prepare detailed drawings, in CAD or associated programs, of proposed plans, facilities and infrastructures, prints of various original plans and records for internal and external company use.
- Produce drawings for land development projects, base plans and detailed drawings for landscape projects as required.
- Work as a team member to coordinate design projects with urban designers, architects, landscape architects, engineers and other CAD technicians.
- Utilize customized tools, utilities and scripts to automate work processes and improve AutoCAD productivity and efficiency in compliance with the company CAD standards.
- Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
- Work under the direction of the Project Manager;
- Conduct technical, feasibility studies and site investigations
Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and projects.
- Good communicator
- Internal and external client liaison
- Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
- Experience in utility diversions and management
- Complete all work in line with Core Values and in accordance with the Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
- Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management
- Other duties as requested from time to time by the Project Manager
Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Engineering from an accredited institution to the approval of the Engineer.
- Minimum 10 years demonstrable experience in the drafting experience on construction projects equivalent.
- Must have experience in the use of computer-aided drafting software, Civil 3D, AutoCAD, REVIT etc.
- Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with good capability in oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills and the ability to utilize design software are mandatory.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: stantec.jobs.