An Asst. Laundry Manager is responsible overall activities of the laundry facility through the administration of accepted policies and procedures applicable to an efficient and fiscally responsible operation. Provide educational developmental leadership and instruction to departmental assistant managers, supervisors and team.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
As an Asst. Laundry Manager, you are responsible for overall activities of the laundry facility through the administration of accepted policies and procedures applicable to an efficient and fiscally responsible operation.
- Enforces policies, procedures, rules and regulations as per hotel standards
- Responsible for the proper handling of guest and house laundry and establish standards and procedures to ascertain quality of work performed
- Develop and implement standard operating procedure, as well as production and quality standard
- Follow up with engineering department on preventive maintenance and repair orders
- Assist Laundry Manager for preparing departmental budget and goals programmed
- Provide training to laundry employees and take corrective action when performance is not satisfactory
- Ensure that laundry employees are knowledgeable about hotel’s services and facilities
- Monitor employee attendance and manpower planning to meet activities in the hotel and in order to maintain cost effectiveness
- Resolve all guest complaints and recommend improvement in operation in order to develop better service standards
- Assists in standardizing the method in which laundry tasks will be performed.
- Makes recommendations to the Laundry Manager / Director of Housekeeping.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow
An Asst. Laundry Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- IT proficient
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous hotel or leisure sector experience
- Previous experience at Supervisory level