About the job
Job Summary and Purpose
Ensure the safety, reliability and operational efficiency of the assigned LNG/LPG vessels under direct and third party managers as required. Participate in ongoing fleet projects and studies to ensure safe, reliable, efficient and cost effective operations.
1. Maintain safe, reliable and efficient operations by ensuring high technical and operational standards of maintenance/repairs of the vessels of the company.
2. Administer shipping support and technical knowledge to the vessels by utilizing the marine engineering expertise.
3. Assist in the preparation of budgets for the vessels, monitor the costs and evaluate the variations in order to provide detailed explanation.
4. Participate, in conjunction with the Supply Department in sourcing the technical and operational supplies required for the vessels and contribute to the assurance that the rates are most economical.
5. Ensure that flag, class and other regulatory requirements are met with and that their certificates and surveys are validated as and when required.
6. Examine various vessel improvement processes and technical problem and suggest appropriate solutions, recommendations and modifications. Prepare a list of well-defined outcomes and ensure its completion.
7. Conduct statistical analysis and prepare reports on various subjects such as technical standards of vessels, repairs, dry docking and performance in order to attain the industry best standards.
8. Reduce loss time accident exposure to the targeted minimum level and, maintain vessels’ loss time accident record, and report all vessel incidents, near misses to prevent and eliminate potential incidents.
9. Contribute in the formulation of the ship management policies and procedures.
10. Participate, in conjunction with the Supply Department in purchasing spare gears and other required equipment for the assigned vessels.
11. Prepare, classify, analyze and update the various dry docking specifications as and when required.
12. Assist with risk assessment procedures and accident / incident investigations and prepare reports.
13. Execute the Emergency Response Plan duties and responsibilities under the direction and guidance of Company Incident Commander
14. Engage in technical and engineering studies and make suggestions to improve the quality standards of the vessels.
15. Act as the company representative at various industry forums as and when required.
16. Liaise with customers on technical and operational matters including vessel performance etc.
Key Result Areas
• Monitor and ensure adherence to vessel class, flag and other regulatory requirements
• Develop and monitor vessel budget and explain any variations
• Ensure the execution of the Emergency Response Plan duties and responsibilities
• Undertake statistical analysis of the vessels and prepare reports on various performance standards
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
• Class 2 level of competency
• 4 to 8 years’ experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a relevant capacity aboard a LNG/LPG vessel.
• 2 years of ashore experience in LNG/LPG vessels as Chief Engineer.
Job Specific Skills:
• Excellent knowledge of technical operations for Large Gas Carriers owned and managed
• Prior experience in LNG/LPG refit
• Ability to conduct accident investigations, root cause analysis with recommendations and provide comprehensive reports
• Ability to compile budget and exercise controls
• Prior experience in Engineering troubleshooting