IAP Worldwide Services
Readiness Management Support, L.C. (RMS) is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional and technical services. With more than 2,000 employees in more than 25 countries around the world, we solve our public and private sector customers’ most demanding challenges. RMS provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, RMS leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers’ diverse and complex challenges.
RMS will be performing Dining Facility Services (DFAC) to the United States Armed Forces at Al Udeid Air Base (AUAB) in Qatar, as part of the AFCAP V Contract.
The Site Manager will be responsible for all aspects of Dining Facility Services (DFAC) contract. Provides, establishes, and maintains Standard Operating Procedures and performance metrics in accordance with contract requirements and the Project rules/regulations. Ensures adequate financial tracking, billing, and file operations, in accordance with the RMS and contract procedures. Candidates will be evaluated based on compliance with the listed criteria; demonstrated performance in OCONUS environments is preferred. The individual selected for this posting will begin work as soon as can be arranged, and work with the company to pursue successful award of the follow-on contract. Desired experience and qualifications are listed below.
- Manages tasks in the field, including day to day coordination of resource allocations, quality control, project safety, management oversight, and integration of plans and schedules to ensure success in meeting goals and objectives.
- Prepares proposals for additions, deletions, and changes to the contract scope, as requested by the customer.
- Tracks, analyzes, and trend projects costs.
- Reviews and approves invoicing for customer, based on contract type, terms and conditions.
- Fosters partnership with customer and collaborative management with all stakeholders.
- Identifies and pursues new business opportunities or contract growth opportunities.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive food operation plan that incorporates movement from current DFAC operations to cafeteria style delivery
- Responsible for hiring and managing all American personnel associated with food operations
- Uses, develops and applies industry standard and proven best practice methodologies to ensure continued performance improvement of all food related activities and delivery of timely and high- quality services.
- Full understanding and implementation of Servesafe and HAACP standards for food service
- Works collaboratively with Site Managers and PMO staff to ensure responsiveness and high customer satisfaction
- Ability to design and manage food service operations including food menu preparation, menu planning, catering services and overall food service management.
- Ability to manage and amend subcontracts and SOW’s as directed
- Solid financial knowledge in regard to food cost, transportation, and labor
- Demonstrated knowledge of logistics as it pertains to perishable and food items
- Demonstrated ability and comfort with technical writing and presentation.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, food service, hospitality, nutrition or related field or equivalent experience.
Fluent written and spoken English required
Required Certifications, Qualifications, And Experience
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible life support operational management experience with minimum five years’ experience in large facilities supporting 500+ persons
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with oversees facilities/life support operations
- Experience in OCONUS environments, is particularly desirable
- Professional experience in Middle East highly desirable (or any other Islamic nation)
- Demonstrated staff management, project management, and food services mission/contract fulfillment
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills with strong analytical and problem- solving abilities. Demonstrated staff management, project management, and life support mission/contract fulfillment
Duties And Responsibilities
- Determines staffing requirements for U.S. nationals, local nationals, (LNs), and/or third country nationals (TCNs)
- Recruits, interviews, hires, trains, and retains food service employees
- Oversee food service personnel processes and procedures. Establishes standards for food service personnel performance and customer service
- Coordinates daily with Program Manager, Operations Manager and Site Operations Managers
- Oversees daily, weekly, and monthly menu preparations for all food service locations. Obtains input and approves meal nutritional value, palatability, popularity, and costs
- Coordinates menu preparation with FOB sites and client support staff
- Establishes and enforces nutritional standards for dining establishments based on accepted industry standards
- Estimates food and beverage consumption at each facility and develops procurement solution anticipating amounts of food and beverages to be purchased on regular basis
- Overseas arrival or food stuff at each facility
- Coordinates with Logistics for successful movement of food by ground and air as needed
- Schedules and receives food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity
- Manages international subcontracted buyers to procure fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, canned/dry good, frozen food, beverages, equipment, and consumable supplies
- Investigates and resolves complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations
- Monitors budgets and payroll records. Reviews financial transactions for compliance with authorized and budgeted expenditures
- Manages team of equipment maintenance personnel responsible for food equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, forklifts, ovens, stoves, cooking pots, shelving, tables, chairs, utensils
- Monitors compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, food shipment and delivery and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities
- Monitors employee liquor consumption for conformance with regulations.
- Monitors food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing for compliance with food handling standards
- Schedules facility use or event catering services such as banquets or receptions. Negotiates details of arrangements with clients
- Tests cooked food by taste and smell for maximum palatability and flavor conformity
- Confirmed by a medical examination to be “medically and dentally fit”
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment; travel is required by surface or air
- The climate is desert-like, hot and prone to dust storms
Must have an Active Secret clearance or higher.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: jobs.silkroad.com.