Mondrian Doha, designed by Marcel Wanders, brings guests to a world where anything can happen, and around each corner lies another surprise. Featuring 211 bedrooms and 59 suites over 24 floors, the region’s very first ESPA, and a spectacular 2000 square meter ballroom with its own 24K gold elevator, Mondrian Doha redefines lifestyle in the city.
Under the general guidance of the Restaurant Manager, to manage and develop the restaurant food and beverage standards and to ensure maximization of departmental profits. To optimize guest satisfaction through consistent high operating standards, and to carry out Management shifts and take responsibility for the entire operation.
Duties & Functions:
- Ensure the day to day operation is smooth in the restaurant.
- Assist the leadership team of the restaurant in achieving high guest satisfaction.
- Guide and lead the server in the restaurant.
- Perform the duties of the Manager on a regular basis.
- Maximize sales potential and encourage upselling in order to maximize rates.
- Ensure cash floats are secured at all times.
- To work within budgeted costs.
- To minimize abuse of operating equipment.
- To ensure that requisitions for supplies are completed, delivered and accounted for.
- To minimize the use of overtime.
- To ensure that there is enough operating equipment at all times.
- To record all voids, and report any payment discrepancies to Restaurant Manager.
- To follow Company procedures when handling cash, credit cards and cheques.
- To see guests concerning all complaints and report all complaints to the Manager.
- To liaise with colleagues over guest’s requirements and needs.
- To ensure handover at shift end and beginning.
- To liaise with Head Chef on a regular basis.
- To liaise with Reception on a regulars basis.
- To gain customer feedback at all times.
- To complete a full report of the day’s events in the Management Report Book.
- Create and maintain a personal and respectful rapport with regular guests.
- Maintain a high customer profile, and handle promptly and courteously all guest comments, questions, complaints, requests and inquiries, taking the necessary action steps and ensuring thorough follow-through.
- Familiarize yourself with guests needs and requirements in order to ensure an efficient and friendly service.
- Fanatical focus on quality and consistency in all areas, food and beverage quality, guest service, cleanliness, etc.
- Support all other revenue centers in the hotel such as Rooms and Events.
- To be results-driven and totally accountable.
- Attend daily business review meetings, weekly strategic sales meetings, management meetings and other meetings as required/requested.
- Undertake regular inspections to ensure that the company’s assets are well maintained and protected.
- Ensure that the business is seen as a respected, important member of the community by local influencers.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested.
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum 2 (two) years’ management experience in Restaurants and Bars.
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have high-level attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: whr-solution.com.