Northwestern University in Qatar invites applications from highly qualified candidates for a full-time Assistant Professor faculty appointment in Strategic Communication, with a primary focus on the Global South, to be appointed to the Journalism and Strategic Communication Program. We seek candidates with an active research program in strategic communication in the West Asia and North Africa region (particularly Arab countries), South and Southeast Asia, or Sub-Saharan Africa. Preference will be given to scholars whose research is comparative or transnational, who investigate questions of influence, propaganda, or misinformation, and who have linguistic competence and field experience in their research area. We expect successful candidates to have a Ph.D. by the time of appointment, in interdisciplinary fields or in disciplines such as new media, integrated marketing communication, consumer culture, cultural studies, and related social sciences and humanities. Professional experience in industry is an asset. Candidates are expected to contribute to both undergraduate and graduate education and program development.
NU-Q provides competitive compensation and benefits. The medium of instruction is English, but proficiency in Arabic or another regional language is an advantage at NU-Q. Candidates with experience in US higher education as well as in the Arab region; women; and persons from traditionally underrepresented groups in academia are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications received by November 11, 2021 , will receive the highest priority. The search will continue until the position is filled or the search closed.
To Apply, Please Upload The Following
- Cover letter including how the applicant’s experience and credentials align with this position.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information of three academic/professional references.
Candidates who move to next stages will be asked to submit a brief statement of research agenda that addresses ability to work in a multidisciplinary community, a sample publication, a sample course syllabus, and a brief statement on working with diverse groups, including relevant international workplace influences.
Please read ALL instructions and prepare before proceeding to the application page:
- Applications will only be accepted via online submission (see link below).
- Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files and please be sure all information is entered accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been submitted.
- All required fields in the application form are marked with an asterisk and must be filled before clicking the “Submit” button.
- Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.