We at GEMS Wellington School Qatar are currently recruiting for an Assistant Principal – Head of Early Years (FS – Yr2) to join the team from September 2021.
This is a key leadership role for the school. The successful candidate will assist the Principal with the implementation of the school’s vision for quality and excellence in education. A non-class based leader of teaching and learning who will regularly teach classes to model good practice, develop relationships, support training and development and to ensure first quality teaching and secure the smooth running of the school.
Under the direction of the Principal, the Assistant Principal will be expected to:
- Take responsibility for ensuring the best possible curriculum offer, provision, well-being, progress and achievement for our FS and Primary students;
- Be a model professional who sets an excellent example to teaching and support staff;
- Lead by example of their practice, and by positively encouraging and supporting all members of staff;
- Actively and demonstrably promote enrichment and achievement through the building and implementing agreed school policies and strategic plans
Ideal applicants will have:
- At minimum a certified teaching qualification, such as Bachelors in Education, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of experience teaching FS – Year 2 in a distinguished British Curriculum School;
- Experience in a similar capacity. While this is preferred, applicants with other leadership experience in EFYS to KS1 are welcome to apply;
- Evidential experience of having worked with other teachers to improve their practice, and hence learning outcomes;
- Evidential experience of outstanding progress within EYS- Year2;
- An exemplar record of outstanding practice for teachers to emulate;
- Excellent understanding of both curriculums (especially EYFS);
- Solid and demonstrable experience of using of data to improve learning.
As a Leader at a GEMS School you can expect:
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment;
- The opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleague’s;
- Excellent professional development and guidance;
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: careers.gemseducation.com.