About the job
- A PhD in Mathematics or a related applied field, from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in higher education, adult training or industry training environment;
- Industrial experience as a practitioner/professional within the relevant discipline is welcome.
Candidates should also demonstrate how they meet the following criteria:
- Contribution to the advancement of knowledge through applied research, scholarship, publications, knowledge transfer or professional practice which would be expected to be international in its scope;
- Contribution to the advancement of learning through leadership in teaching and curriculum development;
- Professional recognition and standing amongst peers;
- Academic subject leadership or academic management.
Other Required Skills
- Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the institution’s mandate;
- Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments, incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in course and program student learning outcomes;
- Digital literacy and demonstrated fluency in technology systems; ability to model and facilitate use of current and emerging digital tools to support research and learning;
- Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning;
- Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning;
- Effective oral and written communication skills in the English language;
- Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community;
- Ability to initiate applied research projects.