Planning, managing and coordinating warehouse inventory related activities to:
- Develop and implement new best practices and procedures within MLC.
- Develop strategies for the optimization of inventory control processes.
- Analyze inventory data and present reports to upper management.
Direct, supervise and assign work duties to inventory counters to ensure achievement of set objectives and to regulate product integrity, stock accuracy, stock replenishment, and systems discipline.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement inventory operational standards for staff compliance. Control of inventory team, In and Out goods in addition to system departments to ensure stock integrity.
- Monitor warehouse stock checks including packing/shipping.
- Managing damaged products; ensure all damaged cases are properly received and/or segregated, labeled and moved into designated damage container locations. Ensure damaged cases are moved properly in exceed.
- Ensure the provision of system generated reports checked by the Stock Controllers to the Quality Control Team for verification.
- Ensure the spontaneous resolving of discrepancies observed by the stock controllers and quality coordinators. Alternately avails a plan of action for sorting discrepancies.
- Provide required reports and records, technical advice and guidance on material related issues.
- Daily verification and review of the KPIs and dashboard.
- Regulate data updated on the system to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate with Operations/Transport Coordinators to clarify client queries in the absence of the Transportation Officer.
- Coordinate with the Stock Controllers on matters of the system and operational anomalies and stock replenishment.
- Furnish monthly/weekly inventory balance/expiry reports to the clients.
- Prepare, organize and create master items, new item code creation and system cataloging for new clients/projects. Review and update description/pert number/pak-key/CBM for each item.
- Carry out stock adjustment and stock transfer transaction.
- Review stock levels and confirm ordering quantities as per set parameters.
- Perform root cause analysis for inventory discrepancies if any and recommended corrective actions.
- Prepare a list of obsolete/non-moving items and submit necessary documents for committee approvals.
- Utilize computer systems to electronically track inventory flow, scan stock, and reconcile inventory.
- Maintain positive work relationships with customers and suppliers to ensure smooth business operations.
- Address and resolve staff or client complaints/grievances to protect the reputation of Milaha Logistics and ensure a satisfied clientele.
- Record daily deliveries and shipment to maintain the information required for periodic inventory reconciliation.
- Assign jobs and delegate tasks to inventory personnel to ensure the achievement of operational objectives. Create and maintain spreadsheets for data reports and analysis.
- Provide written reports and results of data analysis to senior management. Offer recommendations to management on operational policies and objectives required for improved performance.
- Carry out inventory analysis controlling Min/Max management, identifying materials for long term purchase agreements.
- Produce stock analysis reports to maintain the optimum inventory level.
- Coordinate and manage daily physical cycle count and annum wall to wall count
- Focused on time; ensuring every item of stock gets to its destination on time, and that there are no shortages on shelves. Use WMS to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory, report to upper management on stock level issues
- Coordinate risk assessments for all the major activities at MLC and suggest suitable measures to reduce the risks to acceptable limits.
- Coordinate along with QA/QC teams and the internal/external audit and conduct root cause analysis for any non-conformity. Provide/implement corrective & preventive actions to close out any non-conformity promptly and effectively. Constant review of the company’s current management system procedures against onsite applications.
- Investigate work-related near misses, incidents and accidents proactively and make recommendations to the management.
- Assist in the implementation of departmental processes to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and any other standards and requirements.
- Implement and actively enforce compliance to work processes to ensure the health and safety of employees and the protection of the environment.
- Perform any other job-related function as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 – 8 Years’ experience in a similar role of inventory.
- Operations background in warehousing preferably with experience in contract logistics (3PL).
- Expert understanding of all activities in warehouse operation management.
- Experience in using modern WMS systems including bar-coding, Master data and RF.
- Experience of storage systems and Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
- PC literate (Excel, Outlook, data entry).
- English is a must, Arabic, Urdu and Hindi optional.
- Understanding of good warehouse practices (Safe handling and operations, Material Handling Equipment – MHE, racking).
To apply for this job please visit www.milaha.com.