Assists in carrying out the daily activities of the Human Resource Office including recruitment, total compensation, and training and development. Additionally, he/she assists in delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success; as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Recruitment and Hiring Process
- Assists in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resource employee team members with the appropriate skills, as needed.
- Assists in establishing and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
- Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
- Networks with local organizations (e.g., Hotel Association and peers) to source candidates for current or future openings.
- Assists in monitoring candidate identification and selection process.
- Performs quality control on candidate identification/selection.
Assisting in Administering and Educating Employee Benefits
- Works with the unemployment services provider to respond to unemployment claims; reviews provider reports for accuracy and corrects errors.
- Assists with unemployment claim activity reports.
- Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly represented, as needed.
Assisting in Managing Employee Development
- Assists with departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Assists with coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of guest service in company culture.
- Ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team in training programs
- Assists with ensuring departmental orientation processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
Assisting in Maintaining Employee Relations
- Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the property (e.g., develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
- Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
- Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner
- Ensures employee issues are referred to the Department Manager for resolution or escalated to the Director of Human Resources/Multi-Property Director of Human Resources.
- Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct employee accident investigations, as necessary.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Assisting in Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
- Assists with ensuring employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with procedure for accessing, reviewing, and auditing employee files and ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.
- Assists with ensuring medical records are maintained in a separate, secure and confidential medical file.
- Facilitates random, reasonable belief and post-accident drug testing process (in properties where applicable).
- Communicates property rules and regulations via the employee handbook.
- Assists with ensuring all safety and security policies (e.g., property removal, lost and found items, blood borne pathogens, accident reporting, and hygiene) are communicated to employees on a regular basis through orientation, property meetings, bulletin boards, etc.
- Assists with periodic claims reviews with Regional Claims office to ensure claims are closed in a timely manner and reserve levels are appropriate for open claims.
- Assists with managing Workers Compensation claims to ensure appropriate employee care and manage costs.