The main intent of the Sales and Distribution team is to increase the value of Ooredoo Group by applying world-class sales and distribution practices and driving ROI maximizing S&D decisions and investments. The role holder will be an industry expert with specific experience in both mobile and fixed telecommunications operators in formulating and leading on Consumer sales and distribution strategies. The role holder will lead the Group on these strategies so that the profitability, Customer Lifecycle Value and effectiveness is maximized.
The Asst Director – S&D has the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the ED S&D in driving Sales and Distribution globally and defining the vision and leading the development of the group Consumer Sales and Distribution strategy: working through the Commercial Leadership Team, defining strategic directions, articulating it and securing buy-in from Group, OpCos CXOs, and top management fora.
- Sales Strategy and Development: Drive effective Sales and Distribution strategies, investments, policies and practices across OpCos..
- Build and cascade a strategy for indirect – mass-market distribution.
- Design and support implementation of mass market indirection distribution models, e.g. distributor management, float management, territory and beat design etc.
- Build and cascade a strategy for branded stores – Company owned Company operated (CoCO) as well as Franchise owned, Franchise operated (FoFo)
- Develop and cascade strategies for reduction in sales and distribution costs e.g. store profitability, distributor profitability, optimization of commissions etc.
- Develop and cascade best practices in commission management and its automation (prepaid, postpaid, fixed etc)
- Customer Lifecycle Value: Develop Sales Strategy, Customer Acquisition Plan and Commission Plan to support increase in Customer Lifecycle Value.
- Provide guidance and be a discussion partner to OpCos S&D teams on sales and distribution strategy and development
Sales Performance Management:
- Create multi-year S&D value creation plans with OpCos (AoP). Benchmark targets based on market potential, share forecast, target and operational direction.
- Support in defining, agreeing and tracking the set KPIs to support the S&D value creation plans.
- Standardize S&D efficiency tracking KPIs, e.g. Commission cost as a %age of revenue, Quality of sales tracking models etc.
- Follow-up OpCos on a quarterly and yearly basis to ensure adherence to the agreed value creation plan, or to co-create an adapted plan when required
Branding & Digitization:
- Build strategies and roadmaps to digitize the Distribution value chain for all products, e.g. Sim cards, Top up, Device logistics etc. In particular focus on ensuring a modern Distribution Management System (DMS) implementation across the OpCo footprint.
- In conjunction with Group Brand team provide guidance on implementation of a consistent look and feel across Ooredoo OpCo retail and support retail brand adaptation. Together with Marketing, Brand & CSR drive the development of the OG brand – define brand promise and key substantiators for the group, align Consumer Sales and Distribution strategy, image, product and services roadmap and channel execution.
Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge
- Minimum 12 years of experience in sales & distribution.
- Experience in mass market (indirect) distribution, ideally at CXO-2 level
- Experience running own retail stores, franchisees, 3rd party retailers and more
- Experience with both post-paid and pre-paid value chains.
- Demonstrated experience in transformational sales improvements.
- Demonstrated experience in Digitization of the S&D value chain.
- Experience of leading channels in emerging markets
- Bachelor Degree from a top tier university with high grades
- Master’s degree is a plus
- English mandatory, another language spoken in one of Ooredoo OpCos is a plus