About the job
Summary Of Position
- Assistant Director of Front Office is responsible for ensuring the provision of a guest experience which exceeds expectations through working pro-actively to initiate, develop and maintain excellent communication standards and service standards with a continuous guest centric focus.
- Plans Resort operations, ensuring that all guests and visitors receive warm, friendly and efficient service at all times.
- Establishes personal guest contact and promotes feedback. Proactively anticipates guests’ needs and requirements.
- Acts on behalf of the Room Division Manager, responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the guests, staff and the hotel assets.
Overall management of the Front Office workforce.
Summary Of Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Required at all times to set a high example in regard to punctuality, appearance, courtesy, performance, attitude, leadership, guest relations, staff relations, observance of House Rules, loyalty to Management and interdepartmental cooperation.
- Supervises all operational areas, ensuring that all hotel guests and visitors are met and guest satisfaction is maintained across the resort.
- Meets VIP guests upon arrival and escorts them to their rooms / suites.
- Handles guest feedback in effective and efficient manner.
- Handles and resolves guest complaints during the Day & Night shift.
- Maintains a high level of communication and feedback within the departments
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of Hotel Emergency and Safety Procedures
- Ensures that the hotel security policies are implemented and adhered to all times.
- Ensures that the reports and the statistics are prepared and distributed as required.
- Logs all major incidents and happenings during AM/PM/Night shift.
- Maintain records of customer feedback and records of action taken to address complaints and negative rating and/or comments.
- Communicate new or amended procedures to relevant departments/colleagues in timely manner, ensuring they have been understood.
- Control availability of rooms and promotes the up selling of room categories
- Ensures that all guest arrival and departure procedures are followed as defined in the Guest Services SOP Manual.
- Reports any maintenances faults according to stated procedures.
- Actions or follows through all special requests of the guests.
- Ensures proper handovers are conducted at the commencement & completion of shifts
- Conducts departmental briefings
- Ensures that all staff reports on duty on time and in accordance with the hotel’s grooming standards
- Must be available in the Main Hub, whenever possible, in order to oversee the operations and be able to take action immediately
- Demonstrate a full understanding and knowledge of all in-house services, facilities, amenities and functions.
- Training new employees on shift procedures
- Ensures that all employees follow health & safety rules and procedures.
- Ensures that all departmental expenses are in line with the budget & that all costs are strictly controlled with focus on food & amenity costs.
- Takes corrective action when required to improve safety of work areas.
- Provides training to ensure all team members develop & grow
- Perform any duties and special projects as requested by management whether in your own department or any other department in the resort
- Work closely with Housekeeping, F&B and Engineering to ensure all Arrival/ In house and departures are managed as per Hotel procedures
- Oversee all Villas within the resort to ensure the corrective standards are maintained at all times
- Overlook the Transport department, including fleet of boats, Captains and Crew members
- Ensure Roster, Vacation and Over Time is managed for all Front Office and Transport colleagues
- Maintain operational cooperation with 3rd party operators, such as best Dives for all Boat movements and excursions
- Attend GM cocktail on a weekly basis and interact with guests and manage their experience.
- Demonstrate full awareness of departmental budget/ P&L and work towards achieving it by minimizing expenses and maximizing room revenue
- Sign rebates and paid outs for the cashiers ensuring that sufficient justification and backups have been provided.
- Ensures that all Guest History files (Loyalty Program & ACDC) are well maintained
- Maintain and follow the schedule of all the boat Movement, daily cleaning.