About the job
An Assistant Director of Finance will ensure the accuracy of stocks, accounts payable, prepayments, and creditor/accruals accounting records and provide periodic reports to the Finance department.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
As Assistant Director of Finance, you will ensure the accuracy of stocks, accounts payable, prepayments, and creditor/accruals accounting records and provide periodic reports to the Finance department.
- Assist the Director of Finance by providing full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel and in other areas where required
- Provide timely and accurate financial statements
- Ensure all financial regulations are met, through the maintenance of adequate systems of internal control
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparing capital reviews as required by the General/Hotel Manager and/or accountancy and Finance department
- Train and develop the local Finance Team Members and ensure succession plans are in place
- Develop financial awareness of local management teams
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow
An Assistant Director of Finance serving Hilton Brand is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- Experience in the hotel, leisure or retail sector
- Excellent supervisory experience
- Relevant degree, in Finance, Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Full understanding of financial operating systems and procedures
- Strong influencing, leadership skills, inter-personal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Fluent in English
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience with the Hilton systems
- Previous experience in the Account/Finance Management