Under the general supervision of the Director of Admissions, the Assistant Director of Admissions will serve Northwestern University in Qatar (NU-Q) by being an integral part of a dynamic team to enroll a highly skilled class of students to the NU-Q’s programs in journalism and communication. The Assistant Director’s primary area of responsibilities in the office include, but are not limited to: managing the admissions systems related to recruitment and evaluation of applicants; liaison with the marketing and communication office at NU-Q, liaison with the student affairs specialist and other duties as assigned. The Assistant Director will manage a territory, travel 4-6 weeks for recruitment and be an active participant in the selection and review of the class.
- Primary contact person for Office of Admission software, Slate, when it comes to any troubleshooting, updating or other related issues with the system.
- Will work with NU-Q’s technology team, as needed, to ensure our system is integrated with central Northwestern systems.
- Will coordinate with student records the successful transfer of appropriate data for all enrolling students.
- Will work closely with the Director of Admissions and NU-Q’s Marketing and Communication division to ensure admissions web site is updated with appropriate information, publications and other outreach efforts on behalf of the admissions office.
- Execute and plan all on-campus recruitment activities; e.g. NU-Q Preview.
- Manage recruitment territory as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in highly selective admissions environment
- Strong English oral and written communication, reading, and public speaking skills.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Must be able to relate positively to a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion are essential in the ideal candidate
- Familiarity with admission requirements of Education City universities, as well as with SAT, ACT and TOEFL exams
- Solid understanding of university enrollment goals and ability to accurately translate into effective recruitment techniques with applicants, parents and guidance counselors
- Experience in a university Admissions Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Arabic
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Familiarity and background working with students from the Middle East
- Familiarity with Apply Yourself and Image Now
- Self-starter, innovative and ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining the highest level of communication and attention to detail