OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
To work as part of the EC & LS Department team, teaching (Arabic) to all grades of students with varying levels of skills and ability.
Grades Prek3- G6
- Develop the Arabic programme within the PYP framework and align with specified course standards
- Satisfy IB PYP requirements in terms of planning, teaching and learning
- Satisfy the seven ACS teacher appraisal standards
- Differentiate student needs
- Collaborate within the department to ensure vertical and horizontal alignment
- Work collaboratively with the EC/LS arabic teacher
- Be prepared to attend internal and external workshops to build competence
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- To have at least 3 years of experience of teaching across the age and ability range including teaching Arabic.
- A proven track record of creating pathways with outside partners that allow the community to engage in Arabic activities outside of the classroom.
- Educated to bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) minimum – related subjects
- Experience teaching relevant subjects to (EC/LS) students essential
- Strong IT skills preferred, good IT skills essential
- Experience teaching in an international school preferred (of International Baccalaureate if in High
- School, AP, MYP , PYP where appropriate)
- Demonstrates consistently high standards of personal and professional conduct
- Fluent in English both verbal and written