About the job
Job Title: Arabic Language and Islamic Religion Teacher (Primary)
Reports To: School Principal
Responsible For: Teaching of Arabic Language and Islamic Religion (Primary)
About the School
Nestled in the heart of Doha, Qatar, Richmond International School opened its doors in 2019. We are a dynamic, progressive and contemporary international school that offers a broad, balanced and rigorous Edexcel based curriculum, spanning sciences, arts and humanities. We draw from the very best of the British, American and Finnish educational systems, to name but a few. We require additional teachers as we are expanding.
Purpose of the Position
- To provide teaching for Arabic Language and Islamic Religion and other, related subjects, as necessary
- To offer support to the learning, and co-curricular needs of individual students through the school’s policy and core values.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties of a teacher at Richmond International School, the post holder is expected to:
- Teach an allocation of lessons as required
- Plan, develop, and deliver lessons plans aligned with the school’s curriculum
- Manage the academic and administrative activities of classes taught.
- Meeting requirements for the student assessment
- Record evaluates and report on student development
- Provide timely feedback to parents on student’s progress.
- Enhance the quality of teaching and learning in the Department and wider School through sharing resources and good practice, lesson observation, collaborative teaching, mentoring and active participation in continuing professional development
- Actively safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- Support the School’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning
- Adhere to and promote all School policies and procedures
Knowledge and Experience – Essential
- A bachelor’s degree in education or a first degree in Arabic.
- Native Arabic speaker
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities (professional, amateur or voluntary)
- Proficiency in English Language
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Proficiency with MS Team / Zoom
- Proficiency with Google Classroom
- Minimum 3 years’ teaching experience.
Knowledge and Experience – Desirable
- Master’s or Post Graduate qualification in a related subject
- Awareness of Safeguarding requirements and good practice.
- High level of IT literacy including use of online learning platforms.
Skills and Personal Qualities
- be capable of delivering inspirational and informative lessons
- be able to demonstrate a positive and authoritative rapport with secondary aged pupils
- excellent and effective classroom management skills
- have excellent communication skills to enable effective dialogue with pupils, parents, staff and visitors
- be organized and self-motivated, with a proven record for meeting targets and deadlines
- have a sharp and progressive vision of teaching and learning in a successful and dynamic school
- able to perform well and remain professional whilst under pressure
- be a dedicated team player, who strives for excellence and leads by example
- be willing to engage in a range of extra-curricular activities
- be tactful and discreet, whilst mindful of observing Safeguarding and professional standards
- demonstrate a strong commitment to personal continuous professional development
- display a smart and professional appearance, representing the school in a positive manner
Essential Values, Behaviors and Attitudes
All employees are expected to actively promote and demonstrate the core values of:
Monthly Salary 5000 QAR –7800 QAR