About the role:
You will plan, monitor and control 24/7 all Airside departments’ related activities in operations and aircraft appearance activities to deliver high and consistent standard of service, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in deployment of QAS resources to meet the requirement for handling all services and operations including and not limited to: Airside, Aircraft Appearance, Baggage and Transportation, Bus Operations, TRC and Documentation, Ramp, GSE and General Aviation.
- Enforce compliance to QAS Safety and Standard QAS & QR Technical Operating Procedures (SOPs) are being followed and instill appropriate disciplinary or corrective action(s) to Department staff and/or procedures after conclusion of an investigation, in the presence of a QAS Human Resources representative if required, pertaining to an incident, accident and/or service lapse. Ensures all services are carried out by rostered staff in shift as per SOP.
- Delivers the Airside, Aircraft Appearance, Baggage and Transportation Operations objectives and priorities as per company’s SOPs and, in line with Standard Ground Handling Agreements and Service Level Agreements to supports business objectives. Delivers a consistently high standard of operations in line with QR & respective Customer Airline Standard, Ground Handling Agreements and Service Level Agreements
- Creates an Airside Operation that can respond effectively to situations in a real-time environment. Introduces best practice operational process, procedures and controls to maximise the efficiency in operation.
- Creates reports to provide regular effective Management Information on a whole host of people related areas, ranging from but not limited to Operations, Manpower, Overtime, Attendance, Disciplinary Actions, Departmental budgeting.
- Assists in the control of the budget of the department by liaising with section officers regarding consumables, stocks, equipment, vehicles, spare parts and overtime.
- Implements Business Contingency Plan; communicates, trains, and organises resources to have minimum operational interruption at critical situations.
- An ideal candidate will have a minimum of relevant College or University Bachelor’s level qualification and 5 years of job-related work experience
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Must possess a strong, decisive and collaborative leadership style and demonstrates the highest standards of integrity, equality and respect.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clear, concise and consistent messages.
- Experience of leading, managing, inspiring and engaging a large multi-cultural workforce.
- Understands the value of high customer service delivered within a cost conscious culture.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among
- Has ground handling station or operations work experience
- Worked in a medium / large sized Station Manager for a ground handling company
- Experience in resource management systems and planning
- Experienced in Load Control, TRC, Passenger Services, GSE and Cabin Cleaning Services, Baggage
- Experience in ramp VIP, executive jet ground handling operations