The selected candidate will join the payrolls of COZMO Travel- a group company of Air Arabia Group.
- To assist the Airport Manager in managing, monitoring and reviewing daily activities in the respective station ensuring safety, security, On Time Performance, efficiency, and smooth workflow in line with Company’s policies and regulatory requirements.
- Also, to employ effective relations with civil aviation, GHAs and GSAs to facilitate daily operations and achieve best results with least costs.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Assists the “Airport Manager” in monitoring the Operational and Security functions; ensures timely facilitation and smooth operation of daily activities as per Air Arabia policies and procedures laid down in the stations’ operation manual.
- Supervises briefings/debriefings, ramp, check-in, safety, security, and other matters ensuring they are handled in accordance with operational procedures; reports deviations and delays to Airport Manager to resolve accordingly
- Liaises with Airport Manager, Flight Operations, and MCC to handle AOG, emergencies, technical delays, disruptions and service recovery.
- Reports to the “Airport Manager” and Head Office all incidents/accidents using the appropriate agreed formats and proper communication channel.
- Ensures all “Dangerous Goods” related incidents are reported to respective local authorities and the headquarters immediately.
- Issues instructive plan to all handling agent staff, supports them provide efficient passenger service, and guides them in critical complex situations.
- Ensures appropriate information is provided to the local authority if required and that all advisories or circulars received from Ground Operations are communicated to all relevant personnel.
Key Result Responsibilities – Continued
- Ensures adherence of handling agents to Company’s policies and procedures and respective legislations and regulatory requirements. Reports non-compliance to Airport Manager for corrective measure.
- Monitors the GHAs, GSAs, service level agreements to ensure best benefit, this includes: performance, payments, meetings, and communication; recommends enhancements and changes as necessary to protect the financial interest and corporate image of Air Arabia at all times.
- Utilizes delay and performance reports and data analysis to monitor customer service and payments, highlight trends, and identify gaps aiming for improvement and solving recurring problems.
- Monitors the baggage handling system and traces lost luggage on daily basis. Conducts necessary investigations to resolve customers’ complaints; compiles necessary reports and forwards to Airport Manager accordingly.
- Supports Quality Assurance/ Safety/Security Departments in the audit checks ensuring adherence of respective staff to corresponding standards and set measures and timely closure of findings.
- Monitors the collections from Excess Baggage, Go Show, Wheelchair, and Seat Sales and other airport revenue generating services; supports the airport team in meeting targets and providing excellent services.
- Provides Airport Manager/Head Office with necessary reports such as Flight Handling Reports, Disruption Reports; Incidents/Accidents Reports, and Customer Complaints Reports, etc.
- Deputizes the Airport Manager in his/her absence.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Bachelor degree in Management/Administration or equivalent from a recognized university, alternately a diploma in a related field combined with necessary work experience.
- Basic Airport safety and security procedures and regulations trainings are a must.
- “IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations”, “Passenger Handling”, and “Ground Operations Procedures” trainings or certificates are a must for this role.
- Cost Control, Compliance, and Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value.
- Proficient in “Passenger Handling System” and “Departure Control System” (DCS).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Internet, Web Search.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, reports writing, etc.
- Very good in English Language, Arabic Language may be conditional for certain regions.
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience in Airlines/Aviation/GHA industry in passenger/ground handling.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory role leading a team of a station with departure/arrival flights; experience with low cost airline is a plus.
- Good knowledge in IATA/ Civil Aviation Authorities and Regulatory Bodies’ rules and regulations pertaining to Ground Handling working procedures and operating standards, GHAs, GSAs, etc.
- Experienced in one or more of the following: Passenger Handling, Cargo, Ramp, Dispatch, DGR, Load Control.
- Capable of building ties and relationships in Aviation Industry and Markets; to build credibility quickly.
- Familiar with monitoring service level agreements (SLAs).
- Capable for implementing policies, procedures, and manuals in line with standards and regulations.
- Familiar with QA/Safety/Security/Audit procedures and practices affecting Ground Operations.
- Composed, self-confident and focused, capable of handling emergencies with control.
- Possesses effective time management, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Dynamic with high accuracy and attention to details.