An exciting opportunity to join the Qatar Airways Group in our Catering Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the production of detailed loading diagrams and plans for all aircraft types new and existing. You will carry out the initial galley design of all new aircrafts and the ongoing galley planning and packing lists for all existing aircraft types and routes, ensuring that the aircrafts are provisioned in accordance with the agreed specifications, whilst maintaining the 5 star award winning service and full compliance with regulatory requirements and certifications making appropriate trade-offs as required.
Key accountabilities for the role include:
- Leads galley design for all new aircraft types working with Technical and Customer Experience ensuring that all user requirements are met and the 5 star award winning service can be delivered effectively, whilst maintaining a focus on cost and weight.
- Responsible for planning and preparing the Galley Loading Plans (GLP) for all variations of service and aircraft types ensuring that all service providers worldwide have the required information in an accurate and timely manner and in an easy to use format using GP Studio or other best-of-breed systems.
Responsible for working with other stakeholders to ensure that all new products and new menus are built into the Galley Loading Plans, this includes fit checks, trial packing plans and feedback to suppliers always providing recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for the galley planning sections of the Qatar Airways Catering Handbook and for providing formalised instructions for changes to the same.
Responsible for all activities within In-flight Services in relation to weight reduction and fuel conservation.
- Ensures all change requests, which affect galley plans, are logged and tracked and that changes are communicated to stakeholders in a timely and clear way.
Manages the use and development of the galley planning system, defining standards for entry, version control and distribution methods in conjunctions with the Systems Development Specialist, IT and line management.
- Develops loading plans for trials and special flights as required.
- Provides support to Caterers and Catering Services with the introduction of changes to galley plans and the introduction of new plans or types.
You should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years of job related experience. It is highly beneficial if you have worked in a large catering environment or a five star hotel and have knowledge and adherence of HACCP Policy and Standard Quality Procedures.
It is preferred if you have:
- Lean Management.
- Aircraft and stowage planning in a major airline.
- Experience of managing a team and achieving results through people.
- Specialist in Galley Design.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Able to work under pressure and on many different projects simultaneously.
- Proven skills in negotiation, evaluation and decision-making.
- Presentation skills
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.