Scope of Position
Assist Manager and Supervisor with all aspects of the Air Import Department, while ensuring the proper and timely movement of freight, while providing exceptional customer service.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and external government regulations or customer policies/requirements.
- Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency.
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures are followed as per the DLSOP
- Ensure the system reports including but not limited to the below list are utilized at the level of frequency mentioned in order to effectively supervise operations:
- Daily Exception Status Report – STAT 1 for Air Import/Export and follow up all the dashboards – (Daily)
Support the manager in the following areas:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with vendors (airlines, trucking companies, and others)
- Working to be our vendors lowest cost customer promoting market solutions.
- Evaluating vendors at defined intervals per company policy, focusing on areas of possible improvement with corrective action plans where.
Support the manager and or the sales department where needed:
- Pro-actively provide pricing alternatives, routing solutions and technical assistance to clients through internal sales both regional and global.
- Respond to requests for proposal, quotation or information timely and with market competitive pricing matching the scope of service required by the customer.
- Take an active role in the transition of new business/ updates to existing business.
- Participate to retention calls and complete customer reviews and with your regular customers to document in the CRS.
- Meet weekly or more if required with the department manager.
Support the manager as required and applicable in the following areas:
- Proactively work to maintain accounts payment within 30 days.
- Ensure company credit procedures are followed and utilized effectively.
- Manage accounts payable to vendors (airlines) utilizing BNP.
- Manage intercompany accounting discrepancies via AJAX report.
Sales / Retention:
- Assist the manager and supervisor in timely responding to requests for information and with market competitive pricing matching the scope of service required by the customer
- Participate to the transition of new business/ updates to existing business
- Assist in retention calls and complete customer reviews with your regular customers to document in the CRS
- Identify with manager / supervisor, develop, and mentor your No. 2
- Support the supervisor where needed
- Allocate workloads within team to ensure smooth operations during peak activity or staff absence
- Be a guide for the team – mentor agents
- Ensure team meets company standards of 52 hours training per year per employee
- Follow-up new hires training as per the company requirement standards
- Periodically communicate department goals and expectations with team to ensure buy-in and accountability
- Promote productivity tools (e.g. using edoc and edoc treeview, export database, process management)
- Be open to implementing new system changes and enhancements with your team
- Be involved and suggest system/process improvements
- Set the tone of this environment within your team
- Proactively promote the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
- Meet company standards of 52 hours training per year, including as needed management/leadership training
Education and Experience:
- 2 years of industry specific qualification (country specific).
- Expeditors company policies and procedures knowledge
- A good understanding of Expeditors’ products, services and systems
- Strong market and competition knowledge
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word etc.).
- Emotional resilience
- Self-reflecting and open to feedback
- Initiative and ability to work in autonomy
- Role model of integrity and pride for all employees
- Proven supervisory attitude