University of Calgary, Qatar
The University of Calgary in Qatar (UCQ) is currently seeking an Advisor, International Recruiting.
This position is based in Doha is responsible for the recruitment function at UCQ. The volume of work in this position will vary, and the incumbent must be comfortable working independently in an environment of continuous change and growth, shifting priorities, and multiple deadlines. Work schedules will need to be adjusted to meet the demands of candidates in various time zones, requirements of good candidate care, communication requirements of an international campus environment, and the need for consistently high levels of service. International travel may be required. Flexible work hours will be required in order to maintain communication with the UC campus and applicants in Canada and abroad.
The Advisor, International Recruiting, will provide expertise and leadership in the recruitment of staff and faculty positions, developing and leading the execution of the marketing strategy and recruitment for all UCQ positions. This position is essential in developing and maintaining an applicant pipeline for critical roles, such as Nursing Faculty and other hard to fill positions. This position will research, develop and use optimal techniques and technologies to identify potential candidates and pursue them wherever they may be. The professionalism, performance and customer service of this position must be comparable to high-level search firm competitors. These activities will result in an ongoing candidate pool of qualified and high-quality candidates for immediate and future positions.
The position develops and implements the overall recruiting strategy and tactics for UCQ. The position provides expert advice and applies sound business judgment to the marketing and recruitment of all UCQ positions. This position will also support working with local government requests and processes regarding recruitment and hiring.
The Advisor, International Recruiting, will develop proactive processes and procedures, which will ensure that UCQ has a competitive recruiting advantage in a complex, international, academic environment. This is a frontline recruitment position.
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Psychology or other relevant field is required
- A minimum of 5 years in progressively responsible recruiting positions, is required. Preference will be given to those who have worked in search firms or recruitment sourcing.
- A valid Registered Professional Recruiter (RPR) designation is preferred, as is experience recruiting in an academic, international or nursing/health care setting.
- Experience implementing new programs, creating and maintaining employee referral programs, targeted recruiting, employment branding and recruitment advertising.
- Demonstrated ability in developing a pipeline of potential applicants for hard to fill positions, preferably in an Academic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use social media and online job fairs to attract candidates.
- Experience in using recruitment systems such as PeopleSoft Talent Acquisition Manager (TAM), data warehousing systems, and various software applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, along with high regard for confidentiality. Uses tact, good judgment, and negotiation skills to seek satisfactory resolutions.
- Ability to work in an environment of constant change and continuous growth where priorities change and there is often last-minute demands.
- The ability to work within a global team environment and the ability to work productively in a framework of operations that fully respects the laws, culture and religion of Qatar.
- Experience as an expatriate or work experience for a multinational employer would be an asset.
- Experience working with Ministries within Qatar would be an asset.
- Experience working effectively during non-traditional working hours. The incumbent will need to effectively communicate with team members who work a different workweek and several time zones away.
All successful candidates will receive attractive compensation, including:
- competitive salary + overseas living allowance
- generous vacation allowance
- annual airline trips on contracts of two years or more
- transportation allowance
- fully furnished accommodations
- school fees for children up to 18 years of age (Grade 1 through 12)
- expatriate healthcare plan
In addition to the above, University of Calgary in Qatar employees enjoy a positive, family-centered work environment in a country with one of the world’s strongest economies. The State of Qatar provides a safe living environment and its location presents countless opportunities to travel and explore. This is truly an opportunity not to be missed – an adventure of a lifetime.
All employment applications must be submitted online through our career page, preferably no later than December 18, 2020.
- Applications submitted through the general inquiries e-mail address will likely be not considered;
- Priority will be given to Canadian passport holders; and,
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidates will be required to provide copies of their passports (valid 6 months prior to travel), police clearance, academic/professional credentials, and marriage and/or birth certificates (for those traveling with a family.) Appointment is contingent on the successful fulfillment of requirements of the State of Qatar visa process.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: careers.ucalgary.ca.