About the role:
In this exciting role you will be reporting directly into SVP Qatar Airways Catering Company. For you to be successful in this role you will provide administration support for the smooth functioning of the division on a daily basis. Moreover, you will perform secretarial duties, which require the handling of confidential and sensitive information. You will represent the division through the management of correspondence, telephone and personal contacts. Furthermore, you will also undertake projects as directed by the Line Manager in order to support divisional/Corporate initiatives.
Some of the job responsibilities include:
- Performs various secretarial and administrative duties to support requirements and maintain the department functions smoothly on a daily basis. Handles a wide variety of situations and tasks involving the administrative function of the office. Tactfully handles enquiries and/or refer to appropriate personnel/department.
- Manages, coordinates and maintains calendar of appointments, travel arrangements, records of communication (documents, faxes, mail) to meet the requirements of the department, to record, filter, disseminate and communicate all incoming and outgoing matters.
- Provides business documentation support, including report writing, presentation creation and spreadsheet preparation and distribution of such materials. Compiles reports as directed and ensure that all files are complete and properly maintained.
- Independently manages multiple tasks and assigned projects whilst respecting the deadlines and simultaneously ensuring the integrity of all information and data.
- Communicates and provides information internally and externally to assist and enable administrative support and effective service to the concerned sections.
- Refers routine matters to appropriate person for action and follows up to ensure completion.
- Tracks department staff duty travel papers (exit permits, tickets, per diem allowances, hotel and visas).
- Establishes a confidential filing system for all correspondence generated to and from the Department, categorizes and maintains manuals, sensitive correspondence and other source material.
- Prepares and distributes correspondence, send faxes, reply to emails and telephone calls.
- Follow-up with other sections/departments to ensure that requests are carried out and activities are coordinated.
- Arranges required office equipment for new and existing staff.
- Accesses and maintains records for Department Assets.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- An ideal candidate will have a Trade or Vocational Qualification /Diploma with minimum 4 years of job-related experience. It is highly preferable if you have previous experience reporting into senior management.
- Ability to work in a cross-culture environment.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Excellent written/spoken English.
- Maintain confidentiality and self-discipline.
- Should be motivated, responsible and focused.