About the role
In this interesting role, you will provide administrative support for the smooth functioning of the department on a daily basis. You will perform secretarial duties, which require the handling of confidential and sensitive information. You will represent the department through the management of correspondence, telephone and personal contacts. You will undertake projects as directed by the Line Manager in order to support Departmental/Corporate initiatives.
To achieve success in this role you will need to:
- Manage, coordinate and maintain a calendar of appointments, travel arrangements, records of communication (documents, faxes, mail) to meet the requirements of the department, to record, filter, disseminate and communicate all incoming and outgoing matters.
- Provide business documentation support, including report writing, presentation creation and spreadsheet preparation and distribution of such materials. Compiles reports as directed and ensure that all files are complete and properly maintained.
- Independently manage multiple tasks and assigned projects whilst respecting the deadlines and simultaneously ensuring the integrity of all information and data.
- Communicate and provide information internally and externally to assist and enable administrative support and effective service to the concerned sections.
- Refer routine matters to the appropriate person for action and follows up to ensure completion.
- Track department staff duty travel papers (exit permits, tickets, per diem allowances, hotel and visas).
- Establish a confidential filing system for all correspondence generated to and from the Department, categorizes and maintain manuals, sensitive correspondence and other source material.
You should at least be a Graduate from a recognized university with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience. It is highly beneficial if you have:
- Certificate in Computer applications – MS office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access).
In addition, you will have the following job-specific skills:
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Excellent written/spoken English.
- Maintain confidentiality and self-discipline.
- Should be motivated, responsible and focused.