About the job
We are currently hiring for an Accounts Receivable Officer – Qatari Fresh Graduate within our Finance Department in Elan Group. In this role, you will coordinate and perform the Accounts Receivable (AR) operations and including other income. Generates/process customer invoices, recording revenue and collection of receivable amounts due to business units. Monitor due payment collection and adherence to organization’s policy and procedures. Further, highlighting control issues to the direct supervisor and manager for appropriate action. Participate in of the timely and accurate month end closing for the AR function and ensuring provision of various revenue and AR reports to the AR supervisor for inclusion in the periodic management reports.
KEY DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute towards efficient usage of Company’s financial resources by ensuring collections from due customers are achieved on time and the accounts receivable turnover days kept in line with the effective policies.
- Performs AR reporting and operations in line with the approved policies and procedures, for Following Group Entities :- Elan Qatar, Elan Events, Elan for Outdoor Advertisement, Elan Media Advertising and Elan JVs.
- Preparation and provision of financial information/reports and various analysis for the AR supervisor for reporting purpose.
- Ensures the completeness and maintain the integrity of invoices while processing and issuance to customers (Ensuring appropriate signatories and approvals are in place according with company policies). Handle other issues with customers and collection team (timelines, credit notes, disputes etc.) to contribute in professional manner.
- Prepare consolidated accounts receivable aging and collection reports requested by the direct AR supervisor and business side.
- Executing the decision confirmed, in monthly meeting for the blocking and unblocking of customers, in the system as per the company’s policy.
- Participating and performing in the month end closing for AR transactions and also providing analysis, schedules and breakdowns as assigned.
- Preparing balance reconciliation statements for major customers. Prepares ageing analysis for AR supervisor highlighting old recognized and unrecognized balances.
- Highlight payment delays and Sending out payment reminders to customers as per the company policy, to maintain the account receivable turnover days.
- Update the collection record and provide relevant accounts receivable information to supervisor. Ensuring completeness of accounts receivable amounts.
- Gather data to coordinate with Accounts Payable team to propose accounts set off request to the vendor/customers where appropriate.
- Helping AR supervisor in periodic spot checks to ensure all customer master data is complete and accurate in company’s ERP system and requesting update to the sales and CBU team if required.
- Gather and organize complete record of all major customers’ contracts (copies).
- Facilitate auditors (internal and external) with requested information necessary for audit verification.
- Prepare the profit and loss statement for various Events upon completion, to lock the profit share in line with the event partnership contract.
- Perform any other work related duties as assigned by the Financial Reporting & Operations Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, minor in Banking & Finance, Business Management and Law
- Recent fresh graduates with high grades
- Previous extensive experience including internal auditing, warehousing (inventory-related) and business managements such as administration and human resource functions
- Understand regulatory requirements for financial reporting including the IFRS
- Awareness of Organization’s operations including projects and initiatives
- Knowledge of financial analysis and reporting best practices