Established in 2001 as a partnership between Cornell University and Qatar Foundation, WCM-Q is part of Weill Cornell Medicine in New York. WCM-Q, the first medical school in Qatar and a pioneer of coeducation at university level, for 17 years of operation, we have been providing the finest education for medical students, conducting cutting-edge research, improving health care and provide the highest quality of care to the community. We are hiring for the position of Academic Publications Specialist.
The work and what it looks like…
The Academic Publications Specialist oversees activities within the library relating to scholarly publications including open access, citation services, and institutional repositories. Additionally, the role will assist with circulation, resource sharing, reference services, and collection maintenance.
Who you are and what set of skills will bring “Excellence” in this role…
- Knowledgeable and experienced in integrated library systems, databases, institutional repositories, interlibrary loan, resource sharing systems, open access publications and/or research data.
- Understanding of research metrics and author profiles.
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to create academic reports, curriculum vitae, templates, and procedures.
- Experienced in customer service working with different levels in and outside of organization.
- Ability to troubleshoot software and user issues.
- Ability to work high degree of accuracy, with attention to detail and little or no supervision.
- Works well with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Works effectively in teams and independently.
- Committed and proactive approach to continued professional development.
- Supervisory experience and good leadership skills is preferred.