The Academic Affairs Manager is a member of NU-Q’s Academic Affairs administrative team, and has overall responsibility for administrative projects and support for both the Senior Associate Dean and Chief Academic Officer as well as the Associate Dean for Faculty—including management of faculty Interfolio processes, faculty contract review support, taskforce and committee support, coordination of faculty searches and the hiring process, academic standing and academic integrity support, calendar management, liaising with Academic Affairs offices, leading the program assistant team, coordinating faculty-wide projects, supporting data collection, MOU management, and providing day to day assistance and support. We are seeking a seasoned administrator with the ability to multi-task who will be responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks and academic affairs projects and who will thrive in a fast-paced working with multiple constituencies, from faculty to staff to students and the public. The Academic Affairs Manager is a dual report to both the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and the Associate Dean for Faculty.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Associate Dean, the Associate Dean for Faculty, the Program Directors, and program administrative staff to support and develop academic affairs functions and initiatives.
- Oversee the workflow and calendars for the Senior Associate Dean and Associate Dean for Faculty
- Manage and develop Interfolio as a tool for faculty searches and portfolio management
- Support the Academic Integrity team in communicating with students about their status
- Manage the distribution of communications regarding student academic standing
- Coordinate the work of the program assistants for Communication, Journalism and Liberal Arts
- Coordinate the administrative processes surrounding faculty contract review and promotion
- Coordinate and manage data collection for external and internal constituencies
- Manage Academic Affairs MOU’s
- Serve as the initial contact for students needing academic affairs Dean’s office support
- Collaborate with academic affairs and other offices at NU-Q in the daily administration of academic affairs business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated ability to develop and complete long-range goals and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions using good judgment and creative problem-solving
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration, with the ability to work effectively with multiple constituencies
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Ability to be proactive, take ownership of assigned responsibilities, work with little supervision and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Evidence of excellent planning and organizational skills
- Experience working in a U.S. university preferred
- Knowledge of Arabic is preferred