About the job
About the role:
As an Operations Controller, you are responsible for reviewing and analyzing Operation Flight Plan with regards to Safety and Qatar Civil Aviation Authority Regulatory requirements. You will provide the Pilot-in-Command with a thorough and professional flight crew briefing covering all significant information that may impact the operation of the flight. Other specific tasks include:
- Approve dispatch techniques to be used as per Flight Dispatch Monitoring.
- Ensure optimization of Aircraft utilization in coordination with Sales and CAMO.
- Provide efficient and swift response to charter sales enquiries.
- Minimize the impact on the irregularities and ensures return to smooth operations.
- Provide optimal operational flight plan to Pilot-in-Command with a professional flight crew briefing.
- Analyze all operational conditions and identify any opportunities that may constrain, impede or benefit operational capabilities.
- Perform Operational Flight Watch.
- Provide strong and reliable support to the flight crew during decision making if a flight is in danger of deviating from safe envelope and develops an alternative plan of action.
- Coordinate with Maintenance and the pilot-in-command if the aircraft is reported with technical defects which may limit or impact flight operational capabilities.
- Communicate any operational limitations to Integrated Operations Control Duty Manager and Flight Operations Management in order to recover the situation.
- Pre-plan the route with respect to charter sales enquiries and perform route studies, performance calculations and schedule integrity for fleet optimization.
- Provide most accurate information during the planning stage of the flight.
- Arrange landing and overflying permits, ground handling and airport slots for all confirmed flights scheduled in the operational system.
- Keep the operational systems up to date with all flight-related information.
- Minimum High School / Vocational qualification with minimum of 5 years of job-related experience.
- Possesses Flight Dispatch License/ Certificate or equivalent issued by Regulatory Authority or approved institution.
- Experience working in a Business Aviation environment.
- Knowledge of dispatching Airbus / Boeing or Business Jet aircraft.
- Thorough knowledge of EASA Air Operations Regulations.
- Able to work in a highly stressful and dynamic operational aviation environment.
- Able to multi-task and has strong analytical skills
- Excellent command of English language – both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a team within a diverse working environment.