About the job
About The Role
As Administration Coordinator, you will provide administration support for the smooth functioning of the Food and Beverage department on a daily basis. You will perform secretarial duties, which require the handling of confidential and sensitive information and represent the department through the management of correspondence, telephone and personal contacts. You will also undertake projects as directed by the Senior Manager F&B or Operations Manager in order to support Departmental/Corporate initiatives.
Key Accountabilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Performs various secretarial and administrative duties to support requirements and maintain the department functions smoothly on a daily basis. Handles a wide variety of situations and tasks involving the administrative function of the office. Tactfully handles enquiries and/or refer to appropriate personnel/department.
- Manages, coordinates and maintains calendar of appointments, travel arrangements, records of communication (documents, faxes, mail) to meet the requirements of the department, to record, filter, disseminate and communicate all incoming and outgoing matters.
- Provides business documentation support, including report writing, presentation creation and spreadsheet preparation and distribution of such materials. Compiles reports as directed and ensure that all files are complete and properly maintained.
- Independently manages multiple tasks and assigned projects whilst respecting the deadlines and simultaneously ensuring the integrity of all information and data.
- Communicates and provides information internally and externally to assist and enable administrative support and effective service to the concerned sections.
- Refers routine matters to appropriate person for action and follows up to ensure completion.
- Tracks department staff duty travel papers (exit permits, tickets, per diem allowances, hotel and visas).
- Establishes a confidential filing system for all correspondence generated to and from the external and internal Department, categorizes and maintains manuals, sensitive correspondence and other source material.
The Successful Candidate Will Have The Following Skills
- Relevant Vocational, Tertiary or Trade qualification
- Certificate in Computer applications – MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access) (preferred)
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience, preferred in hospitality or food & beverage industries
- Ability to work in a cross culture environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Maintain confidentiality and self-discipline.
- Should be motivated, responsible and focused.
- Self-motivated and highly organised.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- High level of sensitivity and professionalism.
- Self-starter, having the ability to work independently with minimal instructions.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to defined timescales.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.