About the job
As Manager of Security Compliance, you will have strategic responsibility for the local, global, and/or regionalized Qatar Airways (QR) aviation security quality control programme, including the identification of priority areas, the development of objectives, activities, and deliverables and the setting of time frames and budgetary requirements to ensure QR effectively implement the QR Aircraft Operator Security Programme (AOSP).
- Undertake the overall strategic management, coordination, and administration of the QR Quality Control Programme, to ensure QR meets the requirements of the National Civil Aviation Security Programmes (NCASP) of States QR conducts flight operations in and to evaluate the overall QR aviation security system.
- Ensure successful completion of the Quality Control Programme’s activities in accordance with the regulations, policies, procedures, and budget to ensure QR meets the highest standards.
- Ensure all corrective actions that arise from quality control activity are resolved and closed out in a timely fashion to ensure QR delivers excellence in security.
- Be the primary point of contact in relation to quality control activity undertaken by Appropriate Authorities of States QR conduct flight operations to ensure that the response from QR is professional, recognizes and manages critical relationships, and is in keeping with the customer’s first company value.
- Interpret a range of regulatory, company, and departmental directives as well as verbal instructions to ensure that all quality control policy and procedural documentation is relevant and up-to-date.
- Oversee the production of detailed reports, statistics, and analysis on quality control matters to ensure the Compliance Team continues to improve performance.
- Develop an extensive network and contacts of aviation security professionals, including appropriate authorities, worldwide in order to ensure QR is best positioned and represented and is aware of long-term industry developments, and can anticipate change that may impact commercial decisions.
- Influences motivate and inspire continuous improvement in the security components of service provider contractual arrangements to ensure the QR operation meets the highest standards of security and safety. Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
An Ideal Candidate Should Have
High school Qualification / Vocational Qualification / Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) / Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 8 years of job-related experience.
- Experienced leader who is experienced in management tools, methods, processes, and techniques.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of aviation security policy, procedures, and operational delivery formed from experience within an airport, appropriate authority, or an airline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent at effectively communicating with a variety of audiences on an international basis, cultivating productive relationships, and handling sensitive security situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Self-starter with an appropriate level of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Delivers quality outputs within a prescribed time.
- ICAO National Inspector Qualification.
- IATA Auditor’s Qualification.
- 5 years of management experience.
- Good knowledge of ICAO Annex 17, ICAO Document 8973, and National Civil Aviation Security Programmes