About the job
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. The Executive Advisor is a business development and delivery role. This includes but is not limited to the following tasks:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Business development efforts and supporting the Advisory Services to expand and increase market penetration for the UAE and specifically Dubai.
- Achievement of revenue and growth targets and improve and implementation of the business plan.
- Play a significant, strong role in developing Advisory Services business in the region and/or Business Activity. Assess market trends and strategize (greater than six months forward) towards future projects.
- Drive and coordinate business development for the market sector in the region.
- Promote relationships with existing and potential clients. Increase business by improving client relationships and strengthening repeat business. Expand client base by promoting Advisory Services proactively within the region.
- Coordinate client focus within the region and ensure critical points of contact for regional clients.
- Act as Project Director on appropriate projects sourced either individually or through other groups in the UAE.
- Identify and attract iconic talent for the sector and where relevant participate in the attraction of talent to the region.
- Securing and managing workload for GHD Advisory in the UAE.
- Building effective relationships with existing GHD service lines and develop a proactive solutions driven approach, which will be facilitated by key client relationships at multiple levels.
- The primary role of an Executive Advisor is to develop and grow GHD Advisory’s presence and market share across the Advisory Business Activities.
- The Executive Advisor is a senior member of the UAE Advisory Group tasked with securing a pipeline of work for the Group in line with that group’s business plan.
- This will be achieved by leveraging internal and external relationships and leading effective business development activities within the team.
- Promote the shared vision of the strategic plan for GHD Advisory.
- Provide leadership and coaching to develop team members and contribute to the overall functioning of the Advisory Group.
- Technical leadership on projects as required and direction and input on major tenders/bids or proactive client proposals.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, Project Directors and Project Managers.
- Provide support at month end in regard to invoicing and forecasting within the Advisory Group.
- Provide leadership to the Business Activities in line with GHD’s values and objectives.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Tertiary degree qualification in business or engineering; Postgraduate Degree is a plus.
- A strong reputation as a true all-rounder, with equal strengths ranging from technical to advanced soft skills.
- Strong client service focus, generating repeat business through excellent project delivery.
- Previous experience with Private and Public Sector clients in the Middle East.
- Establishing and building strong client relationships across multiple industries and geographies.
- Ability to maintain relationships with key executives and a network of professional organizations or affiliations.