About the job
Milaha is seeking a Head of Ship Management to lead all activities related to the operation of the company’s fleet and to lead the commercial expansion of its services to third party owners.
Milaha Ship Management
Over the last 20 years, Milaha Ship Management (MSM) has been committed to delivering world-class services that meet the highest safety, operational, environmental standards. Based in Doha and Mumbai, MSM leverages its experience of currently managing over 70 vessels, including tankers, product carriers, container ships, offshore vessels and an FSO, to offer customers safe and cost-effective asset management.
Key duties include:
- Manage fleet of owned vessels providing full technical and crew management services to ensure maximum vessel reliability and availability while optimising operating costs and ensuring adherence to strict health & safety standards;
- Manage owned vessels to preserve lifetime value to Milaha through effective planned maintenance and repairs;
- Maintain and build competitive posture of the business by ensuring best practices are being adopted for technical and crew management operations;
- Oversee operational teams in Doha and Mumbai and interact closely with Milaha’s offshore marine vessel chartering team, demonstrating strong people management and interpersonal skills
- Manage 3rd party-owned vessels by providing the same level of service;
- Grow 3rd party ship management revenues by building on in-house capabilities and adding commercial capabilities and reporting systems as required;
- Increase the efficiency, effectiveness and customer satisfaction through appropriate use of technology, including digital tools;
- Build and mentor a capable team and embed a culture of innovation and process excellence;
- Lead and implement a direction for the business unit setting both long-term and near-term objectives and KPIs to manage performance.
- Strong experience managing offshore vessels; good experience managing multiple other vessel types – in particular tankers, container ships and other deep-sea vessels;
- Strong knowledge of all ship management functions including technical and crew management activities;
- Strong knowledge of planned maintenance systems, repair and maintenance activities, vessel inspection & audit activities, dry docking and major projects;
- Strong knowledge regarding global Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) standards, requirements, policies and procedures within the maritime sector;
- Demonstrated experience optimizing vessel planning and scheduling, and leading other related operations management/process excellence initiatives;
- Demonstrated experience in systems and digital technologies to enhance ship management operations and customer satisfaction.