About the job
- Provide contractual support during the development of scope of works Develop tender documentation and weighted rankings for work package.
- Identify potential suppliers and prepare tender advertisements and set up pre-bid conferences
- Develop a scoring mechanism which can be used to manage tender queries and technical capabilities
- Review tender responses and evaluation report
- Develop final supplier recommendations to GTC Increase visibility of procurement to support senior management decision making and asset planning
- Prepare Work Order Packages and communicate award of Work Orders to Internal Stakeholders
- Carry out compliance check against SLAs, KPIs and Penalties to ensure that they have been applied correctly as per the contract
- Collaborate with Engineering Services Dept. (ESD), Engineers, legal and finance departments in all aspects of Contract and Contract Management
- Work with key stakeholders to embed knowledge of Company procurement processes and systems
- Implement the optimal procurement operating model to suit the needs of Company
- Interface with Company stakeholders to secure on-time delivery of supply chain & procurement requirements
- Analyse and develop management dashboards and reports to support decision-making and induce effective demand management
- Monitor tools and processes to manage supplier performance
- Manage and foster partnering relations with key suppliers / contractors to encourage value-add, innovation and continuous improvement
- Encourage the use of technology and management information to enhance value
- Implement and keep up to date with current and future Company’s procurement and contract management requirements
- Share relevant knowledge and experience, various concepts, principles and practices applied to deliver/meet drainage network operations & maintenance ‘s (DNO&M) future procurement and contract management needs to others.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Policy within the workplace and comply with any new work instructions
- Perform other duties/ tasks as required
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
- Holder of Chartered Membership in relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering) would be an advantage
- Holder of current/valid Qatar Driving License would be an advantage
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience preferably working in water/ wastewater industry.
- Experience of working within a multicultural environment preferably in the Middle East.
- Knowledge and experience in contract management.
- Broad experience in the construction sector with demonstrated experience in procurement of tenders, contracts etc.
- Experience in projects involving Government Departments and Outsourced contractors/consultants.
- Proficient in Tender Documents compilation, preparation of Bills of Quality, interim claim evaluation and final account is compulsory.
- Computer knowledge related to quantity surveying field, MS office etc.
- Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and staff at all levels within the Organisation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is mandatory.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic is preferred.