About the job
- Ensure mechanical engineering activities are conducted in accordance with regulatory requirements, project specifications and approved variations if any.
- Resolve engineering issues that may arise and communicate with the Project Execution Team. Elevate issues to higher levels when necessary.
- Develop, update and amend various policies and procedures related to Projects Management Department as and when required in consultation with the Head of Projects Engineering Support and other team members.
- Support the engineering team of external organizations, entities appointed representatives to ensure engineering design addresses each companies’ expectations consistent with Company, Project’s objectives.
- Evaluate complex tasks and provide appropriate recommendations to management on issues. Provide support to other disciplines and contribute to other multi-disciplinary tasks.
- Be familiar with all Project Philosophies and Procedures and ensure that these are applied to the specification, design and procurement of piping items.
- Ensures compliance with company systems and processes including the Company Project Management System (company PMS) and maintains support and adoption of all processes. Prepare plans and work schedules that ensure the effective completion of projects.
- Monitors and provides necessary guidance to the FEED, EPC Contractor(s) and all 3rd Party Services throughout the project phases. Ensures the facilities are constructed per the scope, meeting Company standards and specifications, within the time and project cost approved by the shareholders.
- Support other engineers in complex analyses and assignments and provides expertise to ensure completion of activities within schedule.
- 6 years of experience in the area of specialization (Rotating Equipment, Package Equipment), within the Oil and Gas industry, of which 3 years are in a project management team role
- Degree in Engineering or Science majoring in Mechanical Engineering in the area of specialization