About the job
- Manages ArcGIS Enterprise geodatabase, file geodatabases, and data stores
- Manages Portal, ArcGIS Online and enterprise geodatabase security and user accounts.
- Publishes Map, Feature, Print, Geolocating, Search, and Geoprocessing services supporting numerous products and integrations.
- Develops, implements, and manages the GIS data structure and geodatabase environment for use and adherence by GIS personnel.
- Provides advanced technical guidance to support staff; mentors staff in resolving GIS application issues.
- Assists with installation, configuration, and maintenance of the ArcGIS server environment, including creation, publication, and optimization of various GIS resource services.
- Assists with the development of GIS system architecture design and maintenance strategy.
- Assists in directing design, development, and quality assurance for GIS software systems applications.
- May develop code and software methodologies to automate complex GIS procedures to increase efficiencies and the overall effectiveness of the GIS program.
- Maintains an elevated level of technical skills and knowledge to maintain proficiency in the latest technologies in GIS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field, and a minimum of five (5) years ArcGIS, Python, SQL, Microsoft Office Products; Three (3) years of which are in a role overseeing ArcGIS SDE geodatabases, ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS modules with a strong working knowledge of customization, SQL scripting, SQL Server, and database integration.
- Ability to integrate, analyze, and evaluate data to produce GIS-based decision support tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior, managerial, and technical levels and clearly present technical approaches to resolving business issues with technology.
- Knowledge of programming languages utilized for application development.
- Knowledge of cartographic procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of development integration and administration techniques for GIS.
- Knowledge of technical support and computer training methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Knowledge of research and technical support techniques.
- Skill in effectively managing multiple projects.
- Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
- Skill in effective oral and written communications.