About the job
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
- Perform required activities associated with projects (investigation, analysis and design) in line with project requirements to ensure effective programme delivery.
- Prepare/check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents as part of the current process to ensure contractors deal with a quality service and project specifications.
- Understand detailed plans, specifications and estimates for roadway Intelligent Traffic System construction projects.
- Prepare and register all relevant documentation and design reports and ensuring that all documentation is accurate and received within the system held by Company.
- Work in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design of the project.
- Contribute to the resolution of technical issues, such as substandard products, on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members
- Maintain on-going communication with relevant stakeholders and sub-contractors to build relationships and communication networks ensuring quality of service.
- Carry out site visits and survey inspections and supervise sub-contractors
- Conduct studies on the requirement of Telecommunication and Network for ITS/ Tunnels.
- Identify key trends and provide suggestions for improving ITS/ Tunnels System
- Identify the gaps in Telecommunication and Network ITS assets with in the main corridors of Qatar.
- Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence to provide a solution to engineering problems.
- Work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and apply best practice to ensure professional development
- Adhere to Health and Safety policy and procedures and comply with new work instructions
- Perform other duties / tasks as required Provide input into the reviewing and updating of the I&EMP as appropriate.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and comply with any new work instructions
- Perform other duties/ tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level qualification in Engineering in a relevant subject.
- Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
- Chartered Membership in Engineering or Relevant professional body would be an advantage
- Current/valid Qatar Driving License would be an advantage
- 20 years’ experience in Roads / Highways operation and maintenance, ideally within the public sector
- Knowledge and experience in international Quality Road works best practice and how it is delivered in an Organisation preferred
- Knowledge and experience in change management / business transformation
- Knowledge and experience in contract management
- Knowledge and experience in risk and value management techniques preferred
- Knowledge and experience in Quality, Health and Safety, and Environment policies, procedures and regulations preferred
- Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and staff at all levels within the Organization
- Ability to deliver and support change
- Competent in Microsoft Office Packages, Microsoft Project/Primavera/
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is mandatory.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic would be an advantage